Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy 90210 Day!

Break out the slouch socks, boat shoes and your stone-washed jeans, because today is the only day in our calendar that corresponds to everybody's favourite zip-code!  That's right.  It's Beverly Hills 90210 Day!

Personally, I can't think of a better way to remember September 2nd.  Who cares that The Great Fire of London started this day in 1666, or that this was the week that World War II started - I'd much rather reminisce about Brandon and Dylan and their rest of the oh-so-cool high school friends! 



Oh.  Wow.  They're not looking quite so cool as I remember.  What's with Brenda's jeans?  They're so high it almost eliminates the need for a bra.  And David's shirt.  I remember his style as colorful, but that's bit overboard.  Andrea's particularly disappointing.  I know she was the nerd, but all those shows had an obligatory nerd - and they were kind of cool beneath their coke bottle glasses and pocket protectors.  But there's nothing sexy about that spiral perm or the wall of bangs.

I really hope that the 80's and 90's were exceptionally poor decades for fashion.  I hope we've learned from our mistakes.  I hope that I don't look back on this decade and wonder what the hell I was thinking.  I mean look at this.  Just look at it.



That's me in the middle.  The year was 1985.  I'm standing next to the two guitarists from Glass Tiger.  I was 15 years old, and that day I felt HOT. 

But now I wonder if I should have in fact NOT wrapped those black beads around my neck quite so tightly.  Maybe I should have ironed my shirt.  And that sweater.  What was I thinking?  Was I cool in 1985 or was I poor example of mid-80's style.  I suppose I'll never know.

But feel free to comment, or share your own stories of the fashion horrors of days gone by.

Until then....take care,

2 comments:

  1. I think those are my earrings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know....I probably still have them somewhere...

    ReplyDelete